Road Maintenance

Depositing Snow on Highway or Sidewalk

No person shall throw, deposit, or cause to be deposited, any snow, ice or mud as to interfere with the movement of pedestrian or vehicular traffic. Section 181 of the Highway Traffic Act states "No person shall deposit snow or ice on a roadway without permission in writing so to do from the Ministry or the road authority responsible for the maintenance of the road"  The fine for violation of Section 181 is $105.00.

Load Restrictions

During the spring thaw, some Municipal roads may become too soft and unstable to withstand the weight of a fully loaded truck, regardless of the axles. IN an effort to reduce damage to the roads during spring thaw, from March 1 to April 30 each year, the Municipality restricts vehicles to half loads (5 tonnes per axle) on all roads in the Municipality.  Please assist us in reducing repairs to our road system by not having heavy deliveries to your property during this time of year. 

Bylaw - To provide Minimum Maintenance Standards and to establish the Classification of the Highways

To gain access to Municipal roads you must read Entrance to Municipal Roads and fill out an Application for a new entrance.  This is filled out and returned to the Public Works Department.


The Municipality requires that mailboxes be put at least one metre off the road.  Any damage caused to mailboxes by Municipality's equipment is owner's responsibility, unless Municipal equipment has came into direct contact with the mailbox - then you can contact the Public Works Department. 

Abandoned Vehicles

The Municipality reserves the right to tow any vehicle left on the road or any vehicle that interferes with snow removal.  This will be done at the owner's expense.

Trees, Windbreaks, etc.

Any trees or windbreaks planted should be done so at least 25 feet from Municipal road allowance property lines.

Manure, Rockpiles, and Brush

Anyone who puts any type of garbage, manure, rocks, or brush into or onto the roads or road allowances will be asked to remove it immediately.  If is not removed, the Municipality will remove it at your expense.


All work that goes across or under township roads must be authorized by the Public Works Department before any work is started. Also, any drainage onto road allowances will not be approved. 

If you have any questions or concerns about Public Works, please feel free to contact us. 

Get In Touch