MUNICIPALITY OF MORRIS-TURNBERRY
The Municipality of Morris-Turnberry is currently accepting applications for two (2) summer student positions for the summer of 2024.
The successful applicants will work for approximately an 18-week period commencing on or about May 1st, 2024.
- The primary duties will be park and cemetery maintenance and lawn care.
- This position works Monday through Friday with no evening or weekend work.
- Paid time off for Statutory Holidays.
- Morris-Turnberry offers an attractive salary along with work boot and safety allowance.
- The Municipality is usually able to accommodate time off and/or flexible hours if arrangements are made in advance.
- Training and other benefits provided by Municipality.
Further details available at the time of interview.
2 students for general labour duties: approximately 40 hours per week
Interested Candidates must:
- Be capable of working independently
- Have a minimum ‘G2‘ Drivers License
- Be returning to school in the fall of 2024.
- Preference will be given to students enrolled in Post Secondary education.
- Good written and oral communication skills will be an asset.
- Knowledge of Grass cutting equipment would be an asset.
Please submit your resume and a letter of interest to the undersigned by:
12noon on Wednesday March 1st, 2024.
Mike Alcock, Director of Public Works
Municipality of Morris-Turnberry
PO Box 310, 41342 Morris Road,
Brussels, Ontario N0G 1H0
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Municipality of Morris-Turnberry is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Information is collected solely for the purpose of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.