ONTARIO MUNICIPAL ELECTION- MONDAY OCTOBER 24, 2022
This website will be updated when new information is available.
Municipality of Morris-Turnberry Municipal Election RECOUNT
- Wednesday November 9, 2022 at 12noon.
Form 4 - Financial Statement/ Auditors Report - Submitted
Post Election Accessibility Report
Post-Election Accessibility Report
The Municipality of Morris-Turnberry was committed to making the 2022 Municipal Election accessible by working to accommodate the needs of the electors by removing barriers to vote.
The focus of the Post-Election Accessibility Report is to evaluate the accessibility of the electoral services offered to all electors and candidates in the 2022 Municipal Election. This report outlines the various initiatives undertaken during the course of the 2022 Municipal Election regarding the identification, removal and prevention of barriers that affect electors and candidates with disabilities.
In accordance with section 12(3) of the Municipal Elections Act, 1996, the Clerk shall provide a report, within 90 days after voting day in a regular election, about identification, removal and prevention of barriers that affect electors and candidates with accessibility needs. The report will be available to the public and posted on the Municipal website, in an accessible format.
Leading up to the election, an Election Accessibility plan was developed. The 2022 plan guides the provision of election related services to persons with disabilities. The plan was designed to respect the dignity and independence of electors and candidates and ensure that practices and procedures are consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integrations and equality of opportunity.
The following are the various initiatives undertaken by the Municipality during the course of the 2022 Municipal election:
- Telephone and internet voting provided the electors with the ability to mark their ballot from home at their convenience using the telephone or electronic device. This allowed increased rights of privacy to electors with disabilities whom may find voting at traditional paper-based voting locations and the mail in ballot more difficult, as they had the ability to vote with little or no assistance required from others.
- Election Officials made electors aware of the availability of assistance for person requiring the same. Election staff were positioned to greet electors as they came into the Municipal Office and assist them as may be necessary using a touch-screen computer
- Election information was communicated through various channels and alternative formats, including emails, social media, newspaper and radio. For election – related inquiries or feedback, all residents were able to contact the municipal office via telephone or through a designated email – email@example.com
- Election staff ensured that all information was made available to candidates and voters in alternate formats upon request. No such request was received.
- VoterLookup was also available through the Municipal website, enabling electors to search the voter’s list from their own personal computer or mobile device
- Extended office hours were provided on election day to assist those residents who were not able to visit the Municipal office during regular office hours and special days were at the two (2) nursing homes within the Municipality.
Public feedback about the manner in which election services were provided to person with accessible needs may be submitted to the Clerk through a variety of methods:
- Telephone 519-887-6137 Ext. 224
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
- Mail/In person: 41342 Morris Road, PO Box 310, Brussels, ON N0G 1H0
The feedback process provides election staff with an opportunity to take corrective measures to prevent similar recurrences, address training needs, enhance service delivery and provide alternative methods of providing election services.
December 13, 2022
Municipality of Morris-Turnberry
Official Election Results
Official Election Results - Monday October 24, 2022 at 8:10pm
|Office of the Mayor||1 (one) to be elected|
Office of Councillor
4 (four) to be elected
Number of Votes
|Kevin Freiburger||40635 Jamestown Road||720 ***|
|Jamie McCallum||26 John St, Belgrave||689 ***|
|Dale McFarlan||117 Mary St, Wingham||328|
|Christopher R. Michie||84362 Clegg Line||586|
|Jodi Snell||114 West St, Wingham||587 ***|
|Sharen Eileen Zinn||39692 Amberley Road||590 ***|
|Name:||School Board||Number of Votes in MT|
|Ray Berg||Avon Maitland District||90|
|Patricia Elaine Smith||Avon Maitland District||659|
|Michel Starenky||Avon Maitland District||113|
|Jim McDade||Huron Perth Catholic||Acclaimed|
|David OHara||French Public||0|
|Joseph Vandermeer||French Public||0|
|Sylvie C. Barbeau-Chmielewski||French Language Separate School Board||0|
|Meghan Reale||French Language Separate School Board||1|
Declaration of Election Results - October 25, 2022
Official Election Results - October 25, 2022
The next Term of Office will begin on November 15, 2022 and ends November 14, 2026.
2022 Municipal Election:
The last municipal election was held on October 22, 2018 (2018 Morris Turnberry Election Results) and under the Municipal Elections Act, the four-year term of office for the current council and school board trustees began December 1, 2018, and ends November 14, 2022
May 2, 2022- Nomination and Registration Periods Begin
Candidates who register with the Clerk will be provided a Candidate Information Package, including a certificate of the applicable interim maximum amount of expenses. Candidates can start incurring expenses once the certificate has been issued.
June 22, 2022- Candidate Information Session
The Clerk’s of Huron County are organizing a joint Candidate Information Session. A hybrid meeting will take place at 7:00 p.m. at the Libro Hall in Clinton, ON.
August 19, 2022 - Nomination Day
On Nomination Day, nominations may only be filed between 9:00AM and 2:00PM.
August 19, 2022 - Withdrawal Deadline
A candidate who wishes to withdraw their nomination must notify the clerk in writing before 2:00PM.
August 22, 2022 - Clerk Certifies List of Candidates
All nominations to be examined and certified by 4:00PM and declare the candidate(s) elected by acclamation.
September 1, 2022 - Voter’s List Reproduction and Revision Period Begins
September 15, 2022 - Interim List of Changes to the Voters’ List
The Clerk shall prepare and distribute an interim list of the changes to voters’ list that were approved on or before September 15.
October 11, 2022- Voting Open
Telephone and Internet voting will open.
October 24, 2022 - Voting Day
The results of the election will be calculated and released to the public as soon as possible after 8:00PM.
October 25, 2022 - Declaration of Election Results by the Clerk
November 10, 2022 - Joint Council Orientation Session
The Clerk's of Huron County are organizing a Joint Council Orientation Session for new and returning Members of Council
November 15, 2022 - New Term of Council Begins
The Inaugural Council Meeting will be held. The incumbent council will take their oath of office, and be sworn in.
January 3, 2023 - End of Election Campaign Period
The campaign period ends. Contributions may not be made to or accepted by a Candidate nor expenses incurred outside the campaign period.
March 31, 2023 - Deadline to File Financial Statement
Deadline for candidates and registered third parties to file their initial financial statements and auditor's reports.