- 3.2 MB
Alternative formats are available on request. Please contact us if you require an alternative format of any information on our site.
The County of Huron Accessibility Plan is a joint initiative of all municipal councils within the county. It is developed by the HCAAC in collaboration with the Huron County Disability Act Working Group
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Morris-Turnberry Municipal Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard. Your patience and understanding are appreciated as staff are work towards full compliance.
Should a member of the public wish to make a complaint regarding the service they have received:
- The member of the public with the complaint or concern should have a discussion with the staff person at the Municipality of Morris-Turnberry who is involved in the situation.
- Should the discussion not resolve the complaint or the member of the public is uncomfortable discussing the issue with the staff person, the member of the public should fill out a complaint form. The staff person can assist the member of the public with the complaint form in a manner that takes into consideration their disability.
- The information to be provided by the member of the public should include their personal contact information, the date, a description of the complaint, and what the member of the public requests to resolve the complaint. This information should be documented on the complaint form.
- The complaint should be forwarded to the Department Head responsible for the department.
- The department Head will attempt to resolve the complaint in a timely manner, with the assistance of the appropriate department
- The member of the public will be contacted once a resolution has been reached.
Should a member of the public wish to provide the Municipality of Morris-Turnberry with a suggestion on how to improve our service:
- Member of the public will inform staff member of suggestion.
- Staff member will assist member of the public in filling out the suggestion form, should they require assistance.
- Member of the public will be notified in a timely manner of how the Municipality of Morris-Turnberry will proceed with their suggestion.
- Staff response should include: an explanation of how we will implement the suggestion, a response indicating further investigation or an explanation why we are unable to implement the suggestion.
- All complaints and suggestions should be recorded on a complaint/comment form, and forwarded to the department head and the Administrator Clerk-Treasurer.
The plan is prepared annually and includes:
- Measures taken to identify, remove and prevent barriers to persons with disabilities;
- Measures to ensure proposals for bylaws, programs, practices and services are considered for their effect on accessibility;
- Creating a list of by-laws, policies, programs, practices and services that will be reviewed in the next year to identify, prevent and remove barriers.
Accessibility Standard for Information and Communications
The Accessibility for Ontarian's with Disabilities standards established by the Ontario government are the rules that businesses and organizations in Ontario will follow to identify, remove and prevent barriers to accessibility.
The Municipality of Morris-Turnberry's accessibility standards for customer service ensure that our goods and services are accessible to everyone.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available by contacting the Municipality of Morris-Turnberry's Municipal Office.
- 343.3 KB
- 80.4 KB
- 143.1 KB
- 107.7 KB
- 107.1 KB
- 146.2 KB
- 157.3 KB
- 108.7 KB
- 105 KB